Starts: November 8, 2022 9:00 AM
Ends:November 10, 2022 5:00 PM
Registration Closes:November 7, 2022 5:00 PM
In the wake of rising and persisting social movements like #MeToo, Black Lives Matter, #StopAsianHate and more, organizations across Canada are prioritizing diversity & inclusion like never before. This means that HR professionals must be ready and able to incorporate D&I into core HR practices and analyze, improve and track the state of D&I across their workplaces.
This program covers four key performance indicators when it comes to D&I and equips HR professionals to create a more diverse & inclusive environment.
Module 1: Comprehensive overview of of D&I metrics and data collection basics. Participants will be knowledgeable about primary D&I metrics, and the tools needed to effectively design and implement a D&I survey.
Module 2: Identify the key points of inclusive recruiting & hiring practices. Participants will be able to recognize the impact of unconscious bias, identify inhibitors of inclusion during hiring, and learn methods to attract future diverse employees.
Module 3: An overview of workplace flexibility principles and practices to build a diverse and inclusive workspace. Participants will understand the benefits of workplace flexibility for inclusion, learn strategies and flexible solutions to increase workplace flexibility for those with mental health and caregiving restraints.
Module 4: An overview of the spirit and behaviours that mark workplace allyship. Participants will understand the benefits of acknowledging the lived experiences of diverse coworkers, and have employees recognize their role and responsibility in fostering an inclusive environment.
Detailed Agenda of the Program:
Each module will include a 2 to 3-hour Instructor Training session, as well as a take-home assignment. There will be 4 modules carried out over the course of 3 days. The Program will culminate in an assessment to measure the students’ understanding of the material.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Kick-off Session
- Facilitator Introduction and kick-off meeting
- Overview of the course and the learning material
- Pairing participants with “Accountability Partners” and walking them through the Slack Community Platform to be used over the duration of the Program to carry out Activities and connect with other students
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Module 1 – Collecting & Processing D&I Data – D&I Basics
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Independent Study and discussion with Accountability Partner.
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: BREAK
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Module 2 – Inclusive Recruiting & Hiring
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Independent Study and discussion with Accountability Partner.
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Module 3 – Workplace Flexibility – Inclusion for Caregivers (incl. short review period for previous modules)
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: BREAK
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Independent Study and discussion with Accountability Partner.
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Review & Q/A Period
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am: Module 4 – Allyship in The Workplace
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: BREAK
- 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm: Independent Study and discussion with Accountability Partner.
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Certification Assessment
- Assessment of all concepts and ideas learned over previous two days of trainings
- A combination of multiple-choice as well as short- and long-answer questions
Chief of Staff & Lead DEI Consultant
Hanna Barnett is Diversio’s lead Consultant and Trainer. Hanna came to Diversio from McKinsey where she specialized in ESG work across industries and sectors. Having specialized in McKinsey’s key DEI initiatives including Equity impact reports (with a specialization in LGBTQ intersectionality), DEI Executive Buy in Trainings, and Intersections between sustainability and diversity, Hanna has led trainings with over 50 organizations and over 150 Fortune 500 executives. Hanna has led and stood up an HR and recruiting arm for organizations from scratch and is intimately familiar with what it takes to overcome common pitfalls in building and inclusive culture. Prior to McKinsey, Hanna lived in Cameroon, Vietnam and France where she was completing political research on the impacts of colonialism and neo liberalism on gender norms and colorism today. Hanna speaks English and French fluently and has two degrees from Tulane University.
Diversio – The Diversity Data Experts™
Diversio is the people intelligence platform that measures, tracks, and improves Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). By connecting artificial intelligence (AI) technology, sophisticated data analytics, and knowledgeable subject matter experts, Diversio is able to accurately diagnose your pain points, benchmark you against peers, and create a robust action plan that will meet your DEI goals. Through the unique combination of technology and human expertise, Diversio is driving meaningful impact for hundreds of organizations across over 35 countries globally.
For more information on this event, Diversio, or how we can help you start your DEI platform contact us at email@example.com.